Friday, October 04, 2013

During Dark Times It's Important to SHINE!!

One of my secrets of taking pics is having my camera with me. I caught this yesterday in Orangeburg. I don't think he was vandalizing the Bi-Lo sign....just changing light bulbs. This reminded me of Matthew 5: 14-16: “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." 

So make sure your light is shining today! May our lives be beacons pointing others to the greatness of our Savior. This will NOT happen if you hide your light under a bowl of being petty, selfish, impatient, mean, rude, mean, hyper-critical, unnecessarily negative, ungrateful, ... well, you get the idea! Shine people, shine! You get to decide today whether or not it will be a good day. No, I don't know what circumstance you'll experience today, but I do know as far as Christ followers go, we are supposed to count on our Father's Spirit to make 1 Thess. 5:15-18 a possibility (and an imperative at that) every day: "Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 

I just want us all to have the best day we can since so much sorry stuff is going on around us. The people you meet today need for you to live out Matthew 5:14-16 and 1 Thess. 5:15-18...you'll be better off, too!

No comments: