Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day

I thank my heavenly Father for the great father he gave me in my dad, and for the assurance that I'll see them both one day when I'm home. And to all my friends who are dads, and especially to those guys in my life who have been like a fatherly influence in my life, I say, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! By the way, our RA's are camping this week including several "sets" of dads and sons, but what is also remarkable are the adult leaders who went who either aren't dads themselves, or whose kids have grown up, yet they are exerting wonderful "fatherly" influence on these kids! Happy Father's Day to them, too!

Now, in honor of our dads....okay, okay, the first one is humorous...the second, however, reminds us also of our need (whether we are fathers or not) to: a.) be thankful for those people who have influenced us the most for the good (the best being those who influenced us in our walk with Christ), and b.) make sure we're influencing others in a way that when we're gone, they'll have reasons to thank God for what we gave them, showed them, or pointed them toward!

First the funny...just click on it!



And then the serious...



Finally, thank God that He has given all who He has adopted the joy of being able to call Him, "Abba Father!" Romans 8:15, 16 is a great reason to thank Him for this!!! It says: "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."

No comments: