Monday, June 22, 2009

Who Would Spend That Much on So Little?

I went out this afternoon to get some doggy stuff for our newest family member, Luke, who, by the way is doing very well! Anyway, this car pulled up behind me. I've never seen a Bentley convertible before, and I doubt many of you have either. It lists for $200,000.


I know, I know...you thought I was probably envious. Are you kidding? I'm glad it was them and not me...the price of oil changes, the fear of parking it where is could get stolen, or scratched.; dealing with how church members would talk! It would be torture!

Nope, I'm happy with my car that cost less than 1/10th of that car! Still, it's not every day you see a 200,000 car that will one day be in a landfill like everyone else's car!

We all need to remember the biblical truth: "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21 No matter how expensive a car is...eventually rust will win!

No comments: