Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mini-Sabbatical

Here are some pictures from my mini-sabbatical in the mountains of NW Georgia.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2064348&id=1533128561&l=12a39cf0ab

It's cold, but I am already enjoying the refreshment of a simplified schedule (as in NO schedule) and time to read. So far I've been reading Dan Allender's (who I have heard in person, and like in person and in print!) newest book entitled SABBATH. Some quotes:

- “Time, food, conversation, sorrow, hope, and companionship take on a rate, sweet, and compelling cast when one discovers holy time. ‘The earth is the LORD’s’ (Ps. 24:1), and all space is holy; yet, not all space has been sanctified. But time – a singe day, the Sabbath – is to be sanctified as holy.”

- “Many who take the Sabbath seriously and intentionally ruin it with legislation and worrisome fences that protect the Sabbath but destroy its delight.”

- “The Sabbath is a day when the kingdom to come has come and is celebrated now rather than anticipated tomorrow.”

I'm about a third of the way through...as always, he gives much food for thought.

Pray for me that I can be quiet long enough to let God's Spirit have a chance to teach me what I need to learn, and that I may receive what He wants me to receive!

Again, I am blown away by the generosity of my church leadership in encouraging and allowing me this time, and to my friends who so lovingly provided me a perfect place to "retreat and renew!"



No comments: