Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My First Picture


Core: Nothing deep here, just an old picture of a young man who will be eligible for AARP membership in a little over a month!

January 1976. My first year at Clemson...and yes, that is a poster of Spock in the background...once a geek, always a geek I guess. Anyway, this was my first "real" camera, a Canon AE-1. How narcissistic can someone be to have the first picture they take be one of themselves!

I used that camera to take A LOT of pictures. I have about 3000 slides of my college years alone.
I always joke that it will give me something to look at in my nursing home...it was funny in 1976, it's not so funny now as I approach the 50 mark! Serves me right! The Bible lesson for today...hmmm...sounds like a good time for: Psalm 144:3-4: O LORD, what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him? Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow.

For anyone who hasn't learned it yet (i.e. the young)...life is too short to waste 10 hours a day (the latest poll results) listening to or watching some form of media! Don't be a spectator wasting life by being programmed by advertisers to buy stuff to make you feel better. Help somebody....anybody! Those who love and serve their fellow man are happier in the long run than consumers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...those were the days! Jeff's AARP card just arrived!