Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Prayer to Start The Day For All Jesus Followers!

I came across this video while looking for something for Sunday night. Love the song. What do you think? Note: the "English" part begins around the 27 second mark, so be patient!



Here are the lyrics...pretty simple...pretty "cool." Go ahead...pray it...mean it....see what happens!

Be with You
by Ray Watson

I don't want to do my own thing today
I don't want to do what I want to do
I want to follow Your path today
I want to be with You Lord
I want to walk with You Lord
I don't want to change gold into brass today
No no no no no no
I don't want to build with hay
No no no no no no
I want to be a servant of the Most High today
"Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee
In whose heart is found the highways to Zion"
Want to fly away in Your presence Lord
Want to be in Your presence today (Be with You)
Want to walk with You today (Be with You)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great post.
These lyrics may be more profound than many of us realize. So simple to say, yet they sound a little serious though don’t they? Sounds a lot like presenting your body as a living sacrifice:
I don't want to do my own thing today
I don't want to do what I want to do
I want to follow Your path today

I need to say these words everyday the moment my feet hit the floor every morning - and really mean them. And then later on during the day, when faced with a temptation, say them this way:

I will NOT do my own thing today
I will NOT do what my flesh is telling me is okay today
I WILL walk in righteousness today
I WILL submit to God’s will, resist the devil and he will flee from me.

Anonymous said...

Amen! I love that . . . pray it, then when you need it, declare it.

Anonymous said...

ANDY! AMEN! I DON'T KNOW WHY I HAVE WAITED SO LONG TO COME HERE TO YOUR BLOG-IT IS AWESOME! I HAVE LAUGHED AND WEPT HERE TONIGHT AS I READ, LISTENED AND PRAYED THROUGH IT ALL. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MORNING SO I CAN SHARE IT WITH MY FAMILY! EACH MORNING, THIS BLOG WILL BE OUR "DEVOTION TIME" THAT SO OFTEN GETS FORGOTTEN...NOT NOW-THEY'LL BEG FOR IT! THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT TOOL! I LOVE YOU, CAREN