Friday, November 14, 2008

Hondamentalism - Embrace Failure

If you check out anyone who is truly successful, you'll find that they embrace failure as one of life's best teachers. It's been said that Thomas Edison knew over 1,500 ways how NOT to invent an electric light bulb! Honda's philosophy seems to be the same...





Paul continued to learn (and teach) how to deal with difficulties in life. I his second letter to the Corinthians (12:7-10), he writes: "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."


Living in fear of why might happen results in paralysis. Faith in the God Who promises not to waste anything that ever happens to you (see Romans 8:28) is the way to be truly successful! And to be truly successful, you have to embrace and learn from your failures!

1 comment:

Gene said...

I'm proud to be the owner of a Honda motorcycle. You should get one too.