Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How Much Faith Do You "REALLY" Have?

I often define faith as "trust in someone or some thing that alters your behavior." Just saying you have in a surgeon isn't really faith until you let the surgeon actually slice into you. James in his little epistle is very, very clear when he writes: 14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. (2:14-18)

I love that last phrase..."I will show you my faith by what I do." Want to see an unnerving illustration of this. Click this, but be forewarned, it may make you a bit nervous!"







Ouch! This guy was willing to put his finger where his faith was! Can people tell we REALLY have faith in Christ by what we DO with our time, energies, money, etc. Can people tell we're Christians by how we love and encourage each other and everyone else? This Thanksgiving (and every day) let your gratitude show, too, by ongoing acts of kindness, compassion, and love so that people will know that we are truly trusting Christ, not just for heaven, but for today, and then maybe, just maybe, they'll want to believe in Him, too. Oh, one more thing:
DO NOT ATTEMPT THE FINGER EXERCISE
ON ANY SAW EVER, EVER, EVER!!!!!!

No comments: