Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Denmark: Small? Sure! Boring? NEVER

If I had to come up with a theme for the past two weeks it would be a “Whirlwind of Significance!” Since my last blog I’ve attended…

  • Two high school graduations (I spoke at one of them.)
  • One high school baccalaureate
  • One Graduate Recognition Sunday (See Photo!)
  • Two weddings (Helped officiate one; took pictures at the other. The picture is of Charlie and Crystal. This was the first wedding I've been involved with that included a fire truck!)
  • Numerous hospital visits

Also, in the past week:

  • One church family welcomed a new baby
  • Another had to say good-bye to someone who passed away Saturday

When I was called to this church over 21 years ago, the search committee feared I might become bored in such a small town. Over the past 21 years I can not recall one moment of boredom.

Then again, if your life has relationships with God and other people as first priorities (not that I’m always successful at keeping my priorities in their correct places), boredom really isn’t an option is it?

No comments: