Monday, June 09, 2008

Inspiration in Finding Nemo


I know that I should be looking for inspiration (or should I say “illumination” of inspiration) in more mature settings, but when I find it, I find it. If you automatically dismiss anything animated as just for kids and just for entertainment, you can skip this. Never you mind that when Jesus was asked “who is the greatest in the kingdom,” He called a little child to stand among them, and said, “"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:1-6)” He was talking about being humble (which means being teachable!).

I must admit, in the few minutes I caught of the movie this past Saturday (I was watching it to see a longer preview of the upcoming WALL-E Pixar movie), I was surprised at the children sermon ideas that were popping into my head. In a relatively short sequence, I found two illustrations, and then a bonus one!

No comments: