Saturday, April 04, 2009

What are the Odds?

I had two statistically improbable situations to occur. First, my friend Gene as having a couple of trees cut down in his yard. He was talking to me on the phone, and ended the conversation by saying, "Well, I better go outside...a guy is cutting a tree down, and I want to make sure it doesn't fall on the house." Ten minutes later, he called back and said, "You're not going to believe this, but a tree fell on my house!" (Fortunately, it only opened up a hole in the attic, not the interior.)

Then tonight I was scanned photos from my trip to Mauritius back in '97. I called Randy Trail, who I had gone to visit in Mauritius in '97. He answered, "Well what are you doing?" I said, "I'm looking at photos of Mauritius." He said, "We are, too!" He and his wife were showing pictures of their time in Mauritius to visiting friends at the same time! What are the odds?

Maybe a little bit better than this video....just maybe....



Hmmm....this probability has to be higher than that of DNA and life itself evolving without intelligent design from a mysterious Big Bang, where an explosion just happened to coalesce into us over a finite time.

No comments: