Saturday, February 21, 2009

Vacation Day One - I Slept Late, Too!

Day One of Vacation: I drove the 450 miles to Lakeland yesterday. No one in Florida seems to be limited by posted speed limits. I only visited, can you believe it, ONE Wal-Mart on the way down. Proud of my Honda...averaging 39 plus miles per gallon.

I've known Jeff and Miriam Payne since college days, and they are excellent friends and hosts! Here is their 16 year old "Spike" sleeping in on Saturday morning. The weather is great, and we're still in the planning stages for our "non-Disney" time together. Tuesday, I plan to go to Disney FREE because it's my birthday! What a great country! I won't even notice paying $10 for a $3 hamburger while in the park!

I listened to the first part of an audio book entitled, "Leading with a Limp" by Dan Allender...interesting stuff on learning to be an effective leader, flaws and all...details later....it's time to do some vacationing....Florida style!

No comments: